GEO Pictorial | Terms and Conditions
GEO Pictorial is a trading name of photographer George S Blonsky of 24 Drapers Road, The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8LU
All photography workshops, tours and holidays offered by GEO Pictorial are sold subject to the following conditions:
1. To make a booking you must complete the Booking Form and pay the appropriate deposit. On receipt of this GEO Pictorial will invoice you for the balance of the cost, which is due for payment 10 weeks before departure. Where the booking is made less than 10 weeks before departure the full cost of the holiday must be made on booking;
2. For trips cancelled more than 10 weeks before departure you will lose your deposit only;
3. For trips cancelled less than 10 weeks before departure or if you fail to join the holiday you will be liable for 100 per cent of the cost of the holiday including any supplements. You are advised to insure against irrecoverable cancellation costs.
4. If you do not pay the balance of your holiday cost at the specified time GEO Pictorial reserves the right to cancel your holiday without any refund or credit and you will be liable for the cancellation charges as in 3 above.
5. If GEO Pictorial cancels the holiday we will if possible offer an alternative but if this is not possible or acceptable we will refund all monies paid. GEO Pictorial will not be liable to refund to you any costs you may have incurred as a result of your booking (eg. Vaccinations, train tickets, car parking).
6. Descriptions in our brochures and on the website regarding itineraries for each trip, the type of accommodation, and what is included in the holiday are subject to change dependant on variables such as local weather conditions and availability.
7. Any information or advice given by the GEO Pictorial regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, equipment, baggage etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on behalf of GEO Pictorial and the passenger accepts responsibility for obtaining any necessary visa and travel documents required.
8. Clients are responsible for making their own travel and flight arrangements to the agreed collection points for the start of the holidays and GEO Pictorial is not responsible for flight delays or other problems clients might have in arriving at the stated collection point or departing from the stated drop-off point.
9. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you are aware of the risks involved in walking and other activities, and accept the philosophy of this kind of holiday, which may include some inconvenience and discomfort and a degree of on tour flexibility. The outline itinerary must be taken as an indication of what each group should achieve and is not a contract to deliver. The group leader will have the flexibility to change the itinerary due to weather conditions, well being of any individual in the group, sickness, or other unforeseen circumstances. Delays and alterations and their result, such as inconvenience, discomfort or disappointment, are possible.
10. Clients must be covered by insurance, which must include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill, as well as cover for your photographic equipment.
11. GEO Pictorial’s responsibility does not commence until the appointed time at the designated point of joining the group. If you fail to arrive at the appointed time GEO Pictorial shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred for you to join the group.
12. If there is any delay to any flight, GEO Pictorial shall not be responsible for providing food and accommodation for the duration of this delay. GEO Pictorial shall not be responsible for any consequent amendment or curtailment of planned itineraries, which result from such delays. Neither is GEO Pictorial liable to provide alternative itineraries, accommodation, services or staff if a passenger is unable or unwilling to participate in an itinerary outlined for a tour.
13. If you have any complaint about the tour, you should make it known at the earliest opportunity to the leader and put your complaint in writing. The tour leader will normally be able to take appropriate action. If you are not satisfied with their response and you feel your enjoyment of the tour is likely to be significantly affected, you should notify GEO Pictorial and we will do our best to resolve the problem. If at the end of the tour, you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with, we will try and agree a settlement with you, but you must first notify us of your complaint in writing within 7 days of your scheduled date of return. Any disputed and unresolved complaint may be referred to arbitration.
14. GEO Pictorial will not accept liability for the negligence of its own employees or agents causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged to do so under English law. We shall not be held responsible for any other mishap to yourself or your property, in particular the consequences or effects of flight cancellations, strikes, wars, riots, robbery, sickness, quarantine, Government intervention or other such happenings. You are strongly advised to insure yourself against any possible risk that may occur.
15. GEO Pictorial shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the contract if such failure is attributable to the passenger, is unforeseen or unavoidable and attributable to a third party, or a result of unusual and unforeseen circumstances and beyond the control of GEO Pictorial.
16. Where GEO Pictorial is found to be liable for damages in respect of its duty to carry out the contract, the maximum amount of such damages will be limited to the price of the holiday. Any independent arrangements you make are not part of the tour and are at your own risk.
17. Any likeness or image of you secured or taken on holiday may be used by GEO Pictorial without charge in all media for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes.