Photographing Ospreys diving on a lake hitting and carrying off a big old trout has to be one of the highlights of any wildlife photographer's career... which is why it is so addictive... you go once.. and believe me, you'll be back again for more.
Based in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, we will photograph Ospreys diving on a small lochan over 2 mornings.. very early starts to get into the hides before dawn, set up our cameras and wait for the action to unfold...!
The Osprey action is all but done by about 10am at the latest which means we have the entire day for some other photography trips.. these may include, photography from a hide to photograph Otters and Red Squirrels.. photography from a hide to photograph Pine Marten or a trip up the mountains to photograph red grouse.
The ideal camera kit would include the following:
- DSLR Body
- mid telephoto - 70-200mm
- long telephoto lens - 300mm or 400mm
- macro lens anything from 100mm up... for photographing bugs and little creatures..
- 1.4x and/or 2x teleconverter
- laptop, portable external hard-drive to back-up and store your photos, card reader, european plug adaptors, battery chargers etc..
- monopod or tripod (as light but also as strong as possible!)
- beanbag to rest your camera on in the Osprey hide;
- 2 mornings in the Osprey Hides
- 1 evening in the Pine Marten hide (possibly a second depending on the conditions)
- guiding & transportation on any other excursions we might take dependant upon the time allowed to us and energy levels of the group.. the early rises will use up alot of energy..!
- snacks & refreshments in the hides
Things for you to arrange...
- transport to Aviemore;
- accommodation for your 3 nights with us.. and longer if you intend on an extended stay;
- meals & drinks
- insurances - travel, medical, equipment
Distances to the hides are minimal and over easy ground so no especially high level of fitness is required for this trip...
unless........ you wish to photograph the red grouse, in which case you will need to be fit enough to walk for several hours over rough ground, including up inclines, with your kit.
Dates & Price...
10/07/2017 - 13/07/2017 £495.00
max group size : 6
dates could be subject to change depending on availability of the hides... the earlier you book the more likley we will have the dates above..!